Sponsors

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th at True Food Kitchen San Diego!!

The previous Sunday I planned with my friend to try out this new restaurant called True Food Kitchen down in Fashion Valley, San Diego. When I got there, they had a sign saying they were closed for employee training!! WHAT THE H-E-L-L! Ava was all dressed up ready to have brunch with the girls.

Excited and disappointed!! Boo!! Closed!! Too bad she really had no clue though!

So we ended up at Farmhouse Cafe instead (not bad at all mind you, but I was really looking forward to TFK). *Sad face, Sad face*. Fast forward 3 days and a day off from work, I thought let's give this a second go and I called ahead to make sure they were opened on July 4th!!

Let's go get our grub on Momma!
The menu at True Food Kitchen is created based on Dr. Weil's Anti-Inflammatory Diet and Food Pyramid. According to Dr. Weil: “Following an anti-inflammatory diet can help counteract the chronic inflammation that is a root cause of many serious diseases, including those that become more frequent as people age. It is a way of selecting and preparing foods based on science that can help people achieve and maintain optimum health over their lifetime.”

So let's eat!!

Definitely refreshing!
All their natural refresher juices are squeezed when order so everything is super fresh and you can definitely taste it. As if you were in your own kitchen making this drink.

Let's dig in!
The onion tart was sooo tasty!! The smoked garlic didn't have a strong taste of garlic at all which made me super happy because I get freaked out of big chunks of garlic no matter how you cook it. The black figs gave it a nice sweet taste to counterbalance the gorgonzola. I wanted more!!

Chunk-a-licious!

Mountain of gold here.
Gimme gimme!!

This "salad" might as well be put under the entree section cause this thing was HUGINORMOUS! The red and yellow watermelon cubes were at least 2.5"x2.5" big, not even kidding! This dish is actually really simple to make since there was no vinaigrette that was tossed with it. Just simple olive oil and some fresh pepper. The sweet watermelon and heirloom tomatoes made it the highlight of this dish.

Boring looking? Maybe yes.. Yucky tasting? Absolutely not!!
I've heard of spaghetti squash before, but all the times looking at recipes and pictures just grosses me out for some reason. After trying to decide what to choose for the entree, I decided on this since my mom was pushing for something different, or more like something we are both weirded out by. So spaghetti squash casserole it is!! I can't believe this thing is soo good. I would rather eat this anyday over real spaghetti! I wonder if I can trick Joseph into eating this!?! (I guess I can add that to my goal list). The dish itself was sweet and not acidic at all. Maybe it's because of the organic tomatoes? Either way, I think this was a really great choice.

No fuss dessert!
We were pretty full by dessert, but since we came all this way, we might as well try one of their desserts. This was the one that stood out since I've never had an olive oil cake. Neither has my mom so that was an easy decision. The cake had a nice almond taste. Overall, I truly like this restaurant, I love the concept, the food, the decor, and I can't wait to bring the "Hub" and try other dishes.

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY from Forks and Kisses!

True Food Kitchen
Fashion Valley Mall
7007 Friars Rd, Ste 394
San Diego, CA 92108
P: 619.810.2929

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

hayley said...

i love true food kitchen! their juices are my favorite

Jenny said...

This is my new favorite place!

Post a Comment

Share and Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...