Sponsors

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Banana Almond Butter Smoothie

I totally wish I had some paper straws for this...soon...very soon..
Smoothies are a great way to sneak stuff in a drink without your kid asking what is what. Joseph told me he's tried almond butter before and liked it. I have no clue how he liked it because I smeared that thing on toast and it was lodged in my poor throat!! I believe it is comparable to eating half dried glue. Anyways since I had to buy some for the flourless chocolate cake, I might as well put it in the smoothie. After all, it has this nice color and speckle to it. This recipe is good because you can adjust it accordingly. Mine came out thicker so next time I might lessen the bananas and add more apple juice. Give or take, it's delicious anyway you blend it.

I promise that's really apple juice!! Not oil, and uh not that gross stuff either!!
My measurement for my THICK but can swallow version came out to:

2 cups of apple juice
2 cups of soy vanilla yogurt <-- does not have to be soy, be whatever kind of yogurt/flavor you like!
2 bananas (you can cut down to one if too much banana taste terrifies you)
2 Tablespoon of flax seed powder (I sneak a good tablespoon or so in everything I make TEE-HEEE-HEE!!)
3 BIG heaping regular tablespoons of almond butter
2 Tablespoons of Agave nectar

Hmmmm so many 2's.. I should of called this "The Two-fer Banana Smoothie". Like I said before, you can change up the measurement anyway you like it. Simply after that, throw it all in a blender and blend away!! Just don't have a baby next to you when you blend, poor Ava was in freak out mode!

After it's all good together, I drizzled a bit more agave nectar on the top. Same effect you get when you drizzle olive oil on a nice puree soup. Presentation is key right? 

Drizzle, drizzle

Look at all the pretty almond speckles!!
A good recipe since bananas are soo readily available all year round. Enjoy!

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Jo@jocooks.com said...

Let me just say this smoothie looks amazing, and in this heat, it's just perfect. :)

Jenny said...

It sure is! I have another smoothie one that I will post in a day or two. Keep an eye out :)

Post a Comment

Share and Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...